Sunday, January 7, 2018

Name that Chapter

Today I introduced my Bible Bowl class to a new game to help them learn where in 1 Samuel the Bible stories can be found.  I made large flash cards printed with the chapter headings in 1 Samuel. 

I inserted a 'Name that Heading' card printed on card stock slid into Dry Erase Pockets I purchased on Amazon and dry erase markers for each student. 

As I called off the Chapter Heading the students wrote their answers and when I called them to, 'Show their answer' they held up their dry erase boards.  

If they got the correct answer they were awarded a token. Students who answered more than half of the headings correctly earned candy! 

These dry erase pockets are great for many review games where the kids write in their answer. Earning tokens for a reward is a great motivator, too! 

Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth. 2 Timothy 2:15

No comments: