Tuesday, January 9, 2018

This Is My Circus


We took the morning off and joined the Baileys at Studio Movie Grill to see The Greatest Showman and it was fantastic!  The musical is loosely based on the life and career of P. T. Barnum.  The music is not time period but it is in the style of all the big musicals of the 1940's. 

There is a solid message of standing up for the poor, down trodden and forgotten. You can't help but see that God’s intent, though, isn’t to send society’s outcasts to a circus. His desire is to see them loved within the body of Christ, and within a church.  Very heartwarming and moving!  

It was great to share it with sweet friends who have always been so accepting of our sweet Frankie.  I'm looking forward to taking Frankie to it soon, but I wanted to first see how Hollywood portrayed these 'freaks' (as described by the circus protesters). As the parent of a super special kiddo, I'm always cautious what I put in front of my girl.  This was a sweet telling and focused on the positive and not the limitations. 

So God created man in his own image,
    in the image of God he created him;
    male and female he created them.
Genesis 1:27

No comments: