Sunday, March 25, 2018

Texas Bible Bowl Class 2017-2017

We're getting close to Texas Bible Bowl.  For me, the test concluded close to fourteen months of preparation.  Hour and hours are spent writing the 150+ page Study Guide.  Then there are hours spent formatting and preparing the text that allows my students to distinguish between people, place and other helpful information.  

This year I prepared over 1,000 flash cards to help the kids master the information.  Then there's the chapter heading cards, multiple games, almost 120 pages of lesson plans, 26 page sample test, over 30 practice tests . . . . 

I overheard someone say that the kids scores at competition was a direct reflection of the work each child but into their studies but I would like to think their scores are also a reflection of the work I put into preparing them AND their work. 

Regardless, these guys know so much more than they did about the book of I Samuel when we started class six months ago.  They have clear understanding that God was suppose to be Israel's king and when you look to any one or any thing to take God's place it won't go well! 

I'm so proud of all their work!  Now if you'll excuse me I'm already working on the Study Guide for the book of John for next year. 

Commit your work to the Lord,
    and your plans will be established.
Proverbs 16:3

No comments: