Thursday, July 12, 2018

The Philbrook Museum of Art

Believe it or not we still haven't run out of fun things to do in Tulsa!  I probably have said it every day that today's museum is my favorite.  I love Woolaroc, Gilcrease and the Philbrook.  These were 'treats' we got to visit on school and girl scouts trips.  They are the places we took Frankie as she was growing up. 

Today we're at the Philbrook Museum of Art.   It is an art museum in the historic home of Waite and Genevieve Phillips with expansive formal gardens. It is the site of part of the family's former 1920s villa. The museum features nine collections of art from all over the world.  And being located in former American Indian territory is features a collection  of Native American art including basketry, pottery, paintings and jewelry. 

At Christmas time the museum foyer is decked out with the most amazing Christmas Trees.  I have wonderful memories of taking Frankie and he Camp Fire Girls group there each December. 

The weather for our visit today was perfect and the view was spectacular.  The gardens are simply amazing.  Mom and I stopped off for a muffin to celebrate her upcoming birthday.  I'm pretty sure we've had a treat everyday, because after all, it's her birthday (almost)! 

I undertook great projects: I built houses for myself and planted vineyards. I made gardens and parks and planted all kinds of fruit trees in them. I made reservoirs to water groves of flourishing trees.  Ecclesiastes 2:4-6

No comments: