Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Cherished Moments


I had trouble deciding what pictures to post of our fabulous church homeschoolers Christmas party.  Some unique things have happened this year.  One is that Abigail is graduating and I realize that my time as a home schooling mom is coming to an end.  I'm going to miss these times of the kids getting together to play, to make cards for the Christian Care Center, to exchange gifts.  

Because of Abigail graduating I realize how extremely fortunate I've been to have these other Godly women in my children's live. They are such wonderful Christian examples.  We've shared so many joyous happy moments together and some of life's darkest, saddest moments together.  I'm forever grateful to God for my church family and the role they have played in shaping my children. 

Another change that has taken place this year is I have returned to work at the church preschool.  Two of my sweet preschoolers have joined our ranks of homeschooling families at McDermott.  I can't express what a blessing it has been to see these young children and young moms with their children.  The moms are Frankie's age(ish) and it is a gift to see them with their children and getting to love on the younger children.  It's not a path we will get to travel with Frankie but God knew my heart needed to walk this path.  I'm so grateful He's given me this opportunity! 

I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the growth. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God who gives the growth. 1 Corinthians 3:6-7

No comments: