Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

Aaahhh, Mother’s Day! If your kiddos are healthy and happy then every day is Mother’s Day! My kids are at that age where they still like to hang out with me and well, I enjoy them too!!

Mother’s Day is not a very friendly holiday to the lovely ladies who have lost their mommas or to the mommas who have lost their babies, or even the gentle spirits who for whatever reason have not been able to bear children. My heart goes out to those ladies. Funny thing is, I’ve learned more about how to be a great mom from those ladies.

To the Ms. Cindys, Ms. Krestas, Ms. Loris, and other like you who weren’t given the easiest roads and who have weathered storms that would have crushed me, thank you! For standing tall and showing me what kind of mom I want to be. My babies thank you!

My Mother’s Day began with breakfast in bed, a.k.a chocolate donuts and diet coke (thanks, Jon)! Then off to worship and lunch served on the ‘good china’. For lunch Jon grilled pork chops outside and left the kiddos to prepare side dishes. Each child prepared their favorite side dish. . . mac n’ cheese (Abigail), mashed potatoes (Caleb) and stuffing (Frankie). Perhaps a little more guidance on 'side dish' is needed.

Gifts ranged from a Jonas Brothers movie, to candles, finger nail polish and chocolate. Whew, what more could you ask for?!





Only be careful, and watch yourselves closely
so that you do not forget the things your eyes have seen
or let them fade from your heart as long as you live.
Teach them to your children and to their children after them.
Remember the day you stood before the LORD your God
Deuteronomy 4:8-9

No comments: