Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Sound of Music











The hills are alive, with the sound of music!! The Sound of Music remains one of my Mom’s favorite movies. When our family visited Austria and Switzerland, one of the souvenirs we came home with was a music box playing Austria’s national anthem ‘Edelweiss’.

Naturally, it is one of my favorites, and Frankie and I have watched it at least twice a year for the last two decades! As a Mother’s Day gift to Frankie, the little kids surprised her with tickets to Plano Children’s Theater production of the Sound of Music.

It was an all youth cast and a superb performance. Fortunately, it wasn’t as long as the movie! This performance did a better job of displaying the political unrest that was underway than the movie portrayed.

The play also had almost an oleo-type performance during the festival that included two pub goers in Do Re Mi Fa So La Ti Do! Let’s see . . .



Dough . . .the stuff I use to buy my Ale,
Ray . . .
the guy who serves me at the pub
Me . . . .the guy I buy the Ale for,
Fa’ . . .the distance to my car
So . . .I’ll have another Ale,
La . . .la, la, la, la, la . . .Ale
Tea . . .I’d rather have an Ale,
That will bring us back to. . . Ale!

This act took 2nd place in the festival contest! My kids have been laughing and singing it ever since!!!

They reeled and staggered like drunkards;
they were at their wits’ end.
Psalm 107:27

No comments: