Thursday, December 8, 2011

Baby Christmas Photos - Mastiff Style


Under the Tree

I'm really enjoying Pinterest and all the great craft ideas, recipes, etc.  But one of the cutest features of Pinterest is all the adorable baby photo ideas!  Crazy me, I just put a camera in front of my babies and snapped away! 

Today I shared with Abigail the adorable Christmas baby photos with the diaper clad baby sitting in the pile of twinkling Christmas lights; but was unsuccessful in getting her to agree to pose for such a photo.  However, fortunately we have a large dog that is a big baby! 

Abigail arranging Padme'
Padme' of course is an English Mastiff, being a girl she is rather small 130lbs as compared to our male English Mastiff, Clifford, that topped the scales at 200+.  Mastiff have such a gentle nature, that Abigail told Padme' to lay down in front of the nine foot family tree in the living room and then proceeded to arrange the dog.  I only tell you the size of the tree to help you appreciate the size of the 'big baby' laying in front of the photo. 

It probably isn't as cute as the photos of the babies with the twinkling lights, and I'm sure if I'd read the Pin on  setting the aperture of my camera and slowing down the shutter speed I would have achieved more twinkle.  But honestly, I was just enjoying playing with Abigail and the 'baby!' 

Then our sons in their youth
will be like well-nurtured plants,
and our daughters will be like pillars
carved to adorn a palace.
Psalm 144:12

No comments: