Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Wizard of Oz Christmas Tree Skirt


If you've been in our home at Christmas time you know there are Christmas trees everywhere!  One of my favorite is our Wizard of Oz tree. 

Yes, we have a six foot tree with nothing but Wizard of Oz ornaments.  In the 50+ years since the movie debuted lots of manufactures have made ornaments.  I also have great friends who find ornaments to add to the tree each year. 

This year it was time to decorate under the tree!  I used blue gingham fabric and rick rack to create a Dorthy skirt under the tree.  For added fun I made Witch legs wearing ruby slippers! 

I love when friends with young children visit and 'oh and ah' over the trees.  Some of the ornaments play music, many have blinking lights, but the best part is the smiles! Who wouldn't walk past a tree with witches feet sticking out and not smile!

she can laugh at the days to come
Proverbs 31:25


No comments: