Saturday, December 3, 2011

Christmas Tags



There are lots of things I enjoy about Christmas time, an the presents are definitely one of them!  I love wrapping the gifts, my sweet friend Ms. Kresta always had the prettiest packages with matching paper! I love the matching paper and ribbons.  I generally try to color code the ribbons so I can easily tell the packages with red ribbons go to Jon's family, green ribbons go to my Dad's home, and silver and gold ribbons are for Christmas morning. 

But none of those things are what my children enjoy, their favorite part is the tags, yes, the Tags! All the gifts to the children from Jon and I have creative names in the 'from' section.  For example, above there is a gift To:  Frankie   -  From:  Van Gogh. Now the name in the from section will give some kind of hint as to the gift.  A gift from Van Gogh could be art related, paints or bushes, maybe coloring books, tickets to an art exhibit, no telling, that is part of the fun.

Above you can see a gift to Caleb, From: Captain Jack Sparrow.  What could be inside?  A DVD, a Keith Richards CD, maybe eyeliner, who knows!  You can also see a gift to Abigail, From Mike Wazowski!  Inside could be something Monsters, Inc. related, but that would too obvious!  Think about Mike Wazowski has one eye, it could be eye glasses case!  Mike Wazowski is also bright green so inside could be Neon Green nail polish! 

Of course, I have actually listed the enclosed content because the kids read the blog, but you get the idea.  My kids love the tags almost as much as they love the gifts inside!  Family traditions don't have to be big things, it the smiles and fun we share each day!

Show me the wonders of your great love
Psalm 17:7

No comments: