Monday, July 9, 2012

Jonah Vacation Bible School Night 2


 
 
In tonight's VBS performance Jonah head to the docks at Joppa, which he should have never done since Nineveh is a land locked city!  I played the ship's captain, ala Disney-esq Captain Amelia.  There was a little sensitivity to not being scary pirates in front of two & three year olds!
 
For the first time in a decade I sang a solo in front of an audience. I sang Adele's Rolling in the Deep.  To clarify, all of my singing experience includes chorus/choir in high school and college and singing with my mother-in-law in Sweet Adeline’s, not solos!  
 
Caleb did a great job as one of the deck hands loading the boat.  Our Involvement Minister, Mr. Mark stole the show as the parrot!  He was wonderful! In the pictures you can also see the giant fish, or whale if you read the American Standard Version, that came out and swallowed Jonah!  


“Pick me up and throw me into the sea,”
he replied, “and it will become calm.
I know that it is my fault that this
great storm has come upon you.”
Jonah 1:12

No comments: