Sunday, October 28, 2012

John the Baptist Cake

Caleb adding Eyelashes









In preparation for the Texas Bible Bowl next spring, I am currently teaching the book of Matthew every Sunday.  This Sunday we spent some time on John the Baptist.  Sundays can be a long day, worship servies are a 8am with Bible class following at 9:30 and then these kids volunteer to sit through an hour and half of intense study in the book of Matthew.  I usually bring a snack of some kind each week. This week I had a little fun and prepared a carrot cake in the shape of John the Baptist head on a platter, of course. 
 
Anything that makes these lessons memorable really helps it stick in the kids brains.  The cake was two sepate bundt cakes put together, and then I filled the tube hole with cupcakes.  I used flat pretzels to build out the ears and the nose and then covered it with icing. 


My Kids!  Love these guys!
 
I covered his hair with chocolate icing and then black licorice for fun.  I found some wax lips and dusted them with powdered sugar.  The beard and eye lashe were made out of chocolate sprinkles!  The kids loved it and had a great time!

 Prompted by her mother, she said,
“Give me here on a platter the head of John the Baptist.”
Matthew 14:8

No comments: