Thursday, November 1, 2012

Archery Class

My Katniss
My Hawkeye

Our class

 
 




 
Homeschooling affords our family to experience a lot of different things that we couldn't normally do in a traditional 8am 3pm school setting.  Today one of those things was archery lessons.  Both kids loved archery at Camp Blue Haven and today they spent some time with other friends at Texas Archery Academy.  They offer archery 101, 201, & 301 class, plus competitive shooting.  Of course mom likes that they do all these things with like minded, Christian, home schooled children, and I spent the afternoon with like minded, Christian, home schooling moms!  
 
The kids shot from various distances and even played games where everyone had a balloon on their target and were to shoot the balloons off of others targets, the winner was the last person who still had a balloon in tact. 
 
The kids have every intention of going back for more!  I think you get a year family membership for $125 and shoot any time, and use their bows and arrows.  It's a great deal for families!
 
He made my mouth like a sharpened sword,
in the shadow of his hand he hid me;
he made me into a polished arrow
and concealed me in his quiver.
Isaiah 49:2

No comments: