Thursday, June 26, 2014

Caleb's 17th Birthday


My 'little man' turned seventeen today!  The reflective mom side of me would like to offer some profound words on the passage of time.  But words fail me.  What I do know is I have been incredibly blessed to be his mom. 

As our family tradition has been, we began the day with breakfast in bed with the birthday boy.  His breakfast of choice: chocolate donuts and Dr. Pepper.  The day continued with a little Captain America, a visit to the Lego store, and Barnes & Noble.  One stop was the Disney Store, when the clerks discovered it was Caleb's birthday they put his name on their screen and the entire store sang to him!

His day finished up with an evening with friends.  All in all, what a great day for a great kid! 


For you, O Lord, are my hope,
    my trust, O Lord, from my youth.
Upon you I have leaned from before my birth;
    you are he who took me from my mother's womb.
My praise is continually of you.
Proverbs 71:5-6


No comments: