Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Hangin' with Our Peeps


What happens at Metro Relief stays at Metro Relief, or gets posted to Facebook, my blog or random social media.  The best part of the blog is sharing our ordinary days with our family who are all in other states. 


Jon's mom often hears the stories of the friends we've made at the pantry and today I took a few pictures just for her!  This is Che' with Abigail, he is the Overcomers Director and a great guy.  After I took one photo, he said one more and then he kissed her forehead.  I was so tickled, I didn't even notice her reaction until I uploaded them to my laptop.    

Caleb, out back! 


Abigail is probably the youngest regular volunteer at the pantry and she and Caleb get special treatment when we volunteer.  Lots of great people looking out for the kids while I finish up paperwork in the office.  

The photo in the lower left corner is a group of about 15 volunteers from today having lunch today after the pantry closed.  Some help with the pantry and others work exclusively with the bus ministry, others work on fund raising and donations.  Many hands make light work. 


The Lord does not let the righteous go hungry

Proverbs 10:3

No comments: