Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Glenn Beck: Clothed in Strength & Dignity



This afternoon the boy is resting comfortably after his surgery, so Mrs. Gungan and I headed to Glenn Beck's Mercury Studios.  Glenn brought in a panel of women, feminine activist including a Professor from the University of Victoria, a senior writer for Newsweek, and a mom-blogger who also writes for the Huffington Post.  Obviously, not a panel of Glenn Beck fans, nevertheless, they all came together with the common ground of the growing sexualiztion of little girls. 

One of the illustrations Glenn gave was little boys police costume included pants, long sleeve shirt, hat, and a hand held walkie talkie.  But the little girl's police costume was a shirt and short skirt, both with leather trim; lace leggings, lace fingerless gloves and the accessory was handcuffs!  This was a costume for 8 year olds!
One of my favorite guest was Stephanie Giese who writes a blog Binkies and Briefcases.  She recently wrote a post showing the shorts Target sells with a 7" inseam and the girls shorts were 1".  She writes in a post, "I care because, with any luck, my kids will be adults for four times longer than they are children.  I care because I am not raising girls; I am raising women.  I care because my bible says that women are “clothed in strength and dignity” (Proverbs 31:25)"
Here is a snippet from the show: 



She is clothed with strength and dignity
Proverbs 31:25

No comments: