Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thanksgiving with the Old Cousins




While we were in Oklahoma Frankie grew up with her cousin BJ, and they spent a lot of time together.  Jess is several years younger and is Caleb's age.  When they were young I baby sat the boys each summer until we moved to Texas.  So, anytime we return to Oklahoma my kids refer to is as going to see their 'old cousins.' 
 
They are the only cousins my children have, but when everything became old house, old job, old church the cousins too became 'old.'   The kids are a hoot when they are together, it's like they all revert back to being young children! 
 
We were all together at Granny's house for Thanksgiving including a lot of Jon's extended family.  At one point I heard Jon explaining second cousin, twice removed; I'm not even sure what that means!
 
Granny and Donnie had a house full of people and plenty of delicious food and Sport seemed to take it all in stride!
 
Now then, please swear to me by the Lord that you will show kindness to my family,
because I have shown kindness to you.  Joshua 2:12
 

No comments: