Monday, December 22, 2014

How We Spent Christmas Break

I've said numerous times that the purpose of my little blog is to keep our family in touch.  It has no pretense of being some inspirational guide on homeschooling, child rearing or any other noble undertaking.  It was started so that grandparents could read during the week what we were up to and then chat with the kids on the weekend phone calls.   With that said, I will probably get a scolding from Granny for this post.  
 
At our house Jon has a rental car with a trunk release lever inside the trunk; you know, in case you ever get abducted and thrown in the trunk. So this morning Abigail suggested we try it out before Jon left for work. I’m pretty sure the thought would have NEVER entered my other kid’s minds, but OK. Sure enough we both fit, and the latch glows in the dark for easy release! Abigail pointed out that realistically we should have our hands and feet tied, but that was the line! Frankie questioned my judgment but was quick to grab my camera to photograph the incident.
 
Sorry, Granny but we did have adult supervision and Jon was handy with the key just incase the lever was more difficult that we anticipated!
 
I may get in more trouble from my brother for posting the scripture below, so grossly out of context.  The scriptures I started adding to my posts as the kids got older, had their own laptops and visited the blog themselves to see what I had written about our adventures.  I wanted one more way to squeeze in why we do the things we do.  And obviously there wasn't a real good fit for why we closed ourselves up in the trunk!

They shall have linen turbans on their heads, and linen undergarments around their waists. They shall not bind themselves with anything that causes sweat. Ezekiel 44:18

No comments: