Friday, September 11, 2015

Teen Pizza Luncheon


Times change so quickly!  One of the primary reasons I began this blog was because our family was all in other states and I wanted them to be able to participate in the kids day to day activities.  Many times when Abigail was little, she was difficult to understand when talking on the phone to grandparents.  The blog created a great avenue for grandparents to see what we had done during the week and have a reference point when they spoke with the kids on the phone.

As the kids grew older they were perfectly capable to communicate with grandparents but something new morphed as they learned to read and communicate, they enjoyed reading on the blog about their own adventures.  It was at that time I began adding scriptures to each post because I didn't want to miss an opportunity to show them how God's Word can apply to everything we do. 

Now Caleb is off at college and I find myself posting pictures so he can keep up with what the family is doing without him and hopefully help him feel connected to friends who are still here.  So this is for Caleb and Richard, today was Teen Pizza, the first of the school year for our homeschooling friends. I stopped and asked the kids to smile for Caleb and Richard and this is the photo!  

Oh, for the days when I was in my prime,

    when God’s intimate friendship blessed my house. 

Job 29:4

No comments: