Wednesday, March 16, 2016

A Boy and His Dog


When my college kid comes home to take it easy, his favorite activity is still to read a book, even a book he's read before will do.  While I did the kid's laundry and the girls bustled about making cookies, Caleb re-read Hank Hanegraaff's The Last Disciple. 

One of Caleb's favorite reading positions from the time he could read was to lean on Padme' for a pillow.  Both are much older and larger these days, but this is still how I find them when I walked into the living room.  

There is something heart warming about seeing your man-child propped up in boyish fashion that makes you realize how quickly time speeds by us. I wouldn't trade being home with my kids for any monetary gain. 

Whoever meddles in a quarrel not his own
    is like one who takes a passing dog by the ears.
Proverbs 26:17 

No comments: