Thursday, March 17, 2016

That's Going to Leave a Mark

Between the torn ligament in her thumb and the her more recent heart issues, my girl has played 'wounded' for the last 6+ months.  Last week she had an EKG and Echo-cardiogram giving us good news about the strength of her heart and heart valves.  With the added assurance that all of the big scary scenarios had been eliminated, the girl went out today and played like the tough softball player I am used to cheering on.  

In fact, at her first at bat she hit a hard line drive back at the pitcher.  The pitcher knocked it down but they had to pause the game for the coach to check out the pitcher's hand to see if she would be able to continue pitching that inning.  The pitcher was ok and after a few practices pitches they resumed the game.  

You never want to see any player get injured but it was nice to see the fire back in my little softball player! She wanted a piece of that ball and slammed it!  I imagine the pitchers hand did sting, I could hear the 'pop' from behind home plate.  The CHANT Chargers went on for the win over Bishop Lynch 16-0. 

From now on, let no one cause me trouble, for I bear on my body the marks of Jesus.  Galatians 6:17

No comments: