Sunday, April 24, 2016

A Time of Innocence

My baby is the youngest grand baby on both sides of our family.  She has successfully avoided cleaning spit-up and changing diapers. 

Don't get me wrong, she's taught in the four year old class and mentors to the elementary age kids at church but the babies, oh that's not her thing.  She is amazing with older people and has a huge soft spot for the elderly; but again, not the babies!

As her mom, I feel compelled to push her past those limits.  So every now and then I sign us up for the nursery at church.  I get to play with the sweet babies and Abigail gets to push past her comfort zones.  

I'm grateful that Abigail and her closest friends aren't the boy-crazy, fixated on dating, weddings and babies; after all they're only 15! Ugh!  There will be time enough for that in the future.  In fact the sweet boy she's holding is her friend Lauren's younger brother.  But just every once in a while it's good to remind her of what adulthood will bring.  And then our time is up and she can go back to enjoying her youth! 

Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity. I Timothy 4:12

No comments: