Tuesday, June 14, 2016

An Obedient Mary

For night 3 of VBS we took on the story of Mary.  It's the amazing story of a young girl who would trust God so completely that she would risk loosing her life to be obedient to the Lord. For tonight's story would portray Joseph and Abigail's friend Hayley played the part of Mary.  

When I first asked Hayley about playing Mary, I was prepared to beg.  I knew it was asking a lot for a 15 year old to portray a pregnant, unwed girl in front of hundreds of people.  But Hayley very willingly agreed and did a fabulous job.  Her voice is amazing!  

My favorite was her singing the song, 'Dear Future Husband' to Caleb.   Caleb did a wonderful job as Joseph.  As a mom, I found it so encouraging to see these two take center stage knowing it wasn't that long ago that they sat in the audience with their Bible classes. 

Because we were focusing on the Super Women of the Bible, I centered my stories on Mary's faith and obedience to God; her visit to care for Elizabeth while she was expecting John; and then that Jesus would later perform his first miracle at the request of Mary.  

On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh.  Matthew 2:11

No comments: