Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Garlic Dill Pickle Slices

We continues our adventures in canning continue today, this time with dill pickle slices.  Everyone in out house likes dill pickle slices, especially the boy! The brine mixture is the same as the dill pickle spears we canned yesterday.  

We began with twelve pounds of pickling cucumbers and when they were sliced and processed we finished with eleven pints.  Each pint was prepared with fresh garlic and dill.  In a few jars I added a small jalapeno for spicy dill pickle slices. 

Pickle are an easy vegetable for people new to canning.  It is one of the first things I learned to can, and it's one of the first items I taught the kids how to prepare. 

How sweet are your words to my taste,

    sweeter than honey to my mouth!
Psalm 119:103

No comments: