Friday, November 25, 2016

Friday Fun

Black Friday brings up images of door breaking deals and Christmas shopping.  But the day after Thanksgiving when I was growing up always meant a movie.  

Caleb has so much school work, he's spent most of the weekend on his exegesis over Revelation 13:1-10 identifying who or what is the beast.  His paper is a minimum of 3,500 words.  I can't even imagine that many words based on ten verses.  But I digress! 

My favorite part of having the boy home is that right after breakfast the kids know that we read the Bible together as a family, every day.  It was wonderful to have them all in there comfy spots, laid back and taking turns reading.  Each daily reading is four to five pages and we each read a full page beginning with Jon and then the kids youngest to oldest. 

Most of the day was spent with the girls and I getting out Christmas decorations while Caleb worked on school work.  Later in the evening we took in the latest Harry Potter movie, 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.'  I wish the boy had more time but it is just part of this stage in life.  I tried to soak up every minute I could get with him know he won't be home next year. 

People worshiped the dragon because he had given authority to the beast, and they also worshiped the beast and asked, “Who is like the beast? Who can wage war against it?” Revelation 13:4

No comments: