Sunday, November 20, 2016

Canning Yellow Squash

Yesterday I exchanged some banana peppers with our neighbor for yellow squash.  Our pepper plants keep producing and she said they have more squash than they can eat!  So we broke out the canner again.  

It couldn't have been any simpler, wash the veggies, slice them up and then boil them for 2-3 minutes. Pack the jars and process in the Pressure Canner with salted water, with 10lbs of pressure.  Pints for 55 minutes and quarts for 90 minutes. 

The squash can be patted dry and and fried or it they can be used in a casserole. Yum! 

Edited note:  The squash came out softer than I'd prefer.  Next time I'll try a small batch with a little Pickle Crisp.


I undertook great projects: I built houses for myself and planted vineyards.

 I made gardens and parks and planted all kinds of fruit trees in them.  Ecclesiastes 2:4-5

No comments: