Monday, January 16, 2017

Books vs. Movies




Time for the girl's next speech for the Jr. Toastmasters group.  This speech was to focus on intentional gestures and expressions.  Abigail chose to write a piece on the difference in Books vs. Movies, moreover the differences in the people who prefer on genre over another.  The girl loves movies but she is also an avid reader.  I'm fairly confident she would prefer to read a story over watch the movie, but sometimes the movie can offer a quick takeaway on a story and spark interest in reading the original work. 

I'm probably Abigail's toughest critic and this wasn't my favorite speech, but I do love that she writes her own material, I never hear it until she presents it in club.  I love that she is confident in speaking in front of groups and is able to organize her thoughts in written form.  Hopefully it is a skill that will serve her well in life. She does make me smile! 

“Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt,
that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.” Colossians 4:6 

No comments: