Saturday, March 4, 2017

Survey Says Game


As we are getting closer to Texas Bible Bowl I wanted a new review game for my class.  After a quick web search I decided a fun game of Survey Says (like Family Feud) would be the perfect addition. 

Supplies: 
2 - 24"x36" foam board
11"x14" Card stock
double-sided tape
Duct tape 
Yard stick 
Scissors
Xacto knife
Hot glue fun

The idea was to make five pockets where I could put my answers and a sliding number card in front. I measured out five 2 1/2" x 12" slots, leaving and inch and a half between.  
I used an Xacto knife to cut out each slot. I lined the inside cut edges with duct tape to make them smooth. 

From the scraps of poster board that I had left over from the slot, I split each scrap in half yielding me ten 1 1/4" x 12" strips of poster board.  I wrapped each strip in duct tape.  Using my hot glue gun I glued a strip between each slot on the back of my game board. I added one strip above the top slot and below the bottom slot.  Working only to the left side of the slots I glued my last two strips.   This will allow me to pull the cards from the right side of the board.  

Next I cut my second piece of foam board to fit over the strips I had just glued down.  I used my glue gun to mount this to the back of my board. I now have five closed in slot that are open only on the right hand side of my board.  Perfect for sliding my answers and number cards in and out! 

Next was to center three Velcro dots on the bottom of the board for attaching the strikes.  Using the double sided tape I attached my "Survey Says" title.  The final touch was the light kit, which is simply using a dowel and poking the lights through the board! 


Here are the links for my graphics:

   Blank Game Answer Cards, add your own answers to fit your review material. 

   Game Title, this link can also be used for question cards. 

  Sliding Number Cards, laminate these because they will be used in every round.
   Strikes, to be laminated and add Velcro dots. 

The game was a great hit with my class!  Fair warning though, it is time consuming to cut out the sections with the Xacto knife and to build out the pockets.  But the final product is fabulous and can be reused for reviewing any material.  

My class is studying the Book of Acts, so one of my question cards read, "People's homes where the apostles stayed in Acts."  And Survey Says:
     1. Lydia (16:15)   40 pts
     2. Mnason (21:16)   25 pts
     3. Jason (17:8)   20 pts
     4. Simon the tanner (9:43)   10 pts
     5. James (21:18)    5 pts

If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God,who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.  James 1:5 

No comments: