Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Canning Tomato Soup

I grew up on buttery, creamy grilled cheese sandwiches served with smooth tomato soup.  Now the soup I grew up on was the canned red and white labeled Campbell's variety.  A couple of months ago I came across a great recipe to can homemade tomato soup, so we gave it a whirl! 

Oh my goodness! It was so amazing!  The flavor didn't begin to compare to the tin canned version!  Our family has consumed all 12 pints and it was time to to get back to work.  

Armed with my favorite vegetable chopper, Frankie and the sale ad for Sprouts we set to work.  I used the same recipe as last time:  Canning Tomato Soup! No reason to make any modifications, it was that good! 

And yes, we had tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch! YUM! 

Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good!

    Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him!
Psalm 34:8

No comments: