Saturday, November 10, 2018

Sawyer Brown Concert


With the girl in D.C., the boy in Lubbock, and the oldest with a friend, that means Jon and I have a date night!  I've been looking forward to the for months!  Sawyer Brown in concert in our town!  Sawyer Brown was one of the first concert Jon and I went to.  Back in 1995 Sawyer Brown was the headliner with Rick Trevino and Toby Keith as the opening acts in Tulsa.  

Later we saw Sawyer Brown in 2005 at Billy Bob's in Fort Worth!  They are absolutely my favorite!  Their songs are high energy, generally appropriate for all ages and just happy!  

Tonight they played with Restless Heart as their opening act at the Veterans Celebration.  So many great songs and fun memories. I won passes for us to go back stage and meet both Restless Heart and Sawyer Brown.  My inner high school self was beyond ecstatic!  At the end of the concert the local VFW set off a beautiful fireworks display.  Best date night ever! 

"Well I ain't first class
But I ain't white trash
I'm wild and a little crazy too
Some girls don't like boys like me
Aw but some girls do" 

No comments: