Sunday, March 19, 2017

Equipping the Next Generation

Our preparations for Texas Bible Bowl are winding down, we are two weeks away from competition.  At this point I have presented all of my lessons over the twenty-eight chapters of Acts, now it's time to review. 

In class today I pulled out some of the kids favorite review games and we had some fun.  My favorite Bible Professor had to head back to school but he managed to hang around for a couple of rounds of Survey Says

It's been an interesting year teaching with so many younger kids in the class.  I'm hoping that the older ones have still felt challenged and will do well.  I know they've learned a lot but we've worked at a slower pace. 

The biggest success for me will be when it is all over and the kids want to return to study again!  It's my hope that they begin a love for studying the scripture.  In fifteen years I would love to find each of these kids teaching another group of thirty kids each! 

He commanded our ancestors to teach their children,
so the next generation would know them,
even the children yet to be born,
and they in turn would tell their children.
Then they would put their trust in God
and would not forget his deeds
but would keep his commands.
Psalms 78:6-7

No comments: