Thursday, June 15, 2017

Dinner for Four

What canning looks like at our house, it's a busy day filled with food picks for the local food pantry, Next was paperwork for the youngest to attend community college classes in the fall. Next was piano lessons and softball practice.  

Some where in there I needed to feed our family of four and I had nothing laid out and hadn't even given any thought to dinner. 

This is where my home canning goodies come in handy!  I pulled a few jars out of the pantry and a homemade dinner was ready in minutes including BBQ Pulled Pork, Baked Beans, Cole Slaw, Spicy Dill Pickle Spears, Banana Peppers, and a few Pickled Jalapenos.  All homemade!  All incredibly tasty and delicious! 

For dessert after softball practice I opened a jar of canned Apple Pie Filling and sprinkled a boxed yellow cake mix on top and baked into an amazing cobbler! Literally everything was heat and eat and none of it had preservatives! YUM! 

Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the Lord Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.  Malachi 3:10

No comments: